Nackawic is an emerging experiential riverfront travel destination which has based on a dynamic new culture of partnership, investment and entrepreneurship.
To create a new tourism economy which capitalizes on and preserves the natural attributes of the Nackawic waterfront.
A total of six objectives drive the Nackawic waterfront development business plan for the mutual benefit of residents and visitors:
- To launch an exclusive destination brand which stimulates investment and jobs.
- To ensure that all tangible products are subjected to a rigorous, professionally executed design process.
- To ensure that all intangible products are based on leading experiential design processes.
- To ensure strategic alignment with key stakeholders, partners and influencers.
- To ensure that all forms of development are financially sustainable.
- To adopt and adhere to sustainable tourism practices.
Eight key elements highlight the Destination Nackawic waterfront master plan:
- A full service marina.
- Linkage to an enhanced commercial core.
- Floating art installation.
- Enhanced park activities, stories and landscaping.
- The introduction of a mix of accommodations.
- The introduction of new food and beverage services.
- The introduction of new water-based experiences.
- The potential for one of New Brunswick’s officially designated VISTA™ scenic viewing experiences.